Act on Energy is attending Sajid Javid’s Bromsgrove Pensioners Fair on Friday November 3rd and we felt it was high time for a little reminder about what we do and most importantly, how we can help you in Bromsgrove.
What we do in Bromsgrove
Bromsgrove has one of the highest percentages of excess winter deaths in Worcestershire, with an increased winter mortality rate of 24% in 2015 compared to the previous year. As your local energy advice charity, we are determined to tackle these numbers with help from Bromsgrove District Council and Worcestershire County Council. We have already made a significant impact as part of our work with local authorities as outlined in the Bromsgrove Council Plan 2017-2020, fuel poverty in Worcestershire has reduced from 12.6% in 2011 to 9.1% in 2014. This is of course a marked improvement but further work is needed.
How we can help you
We offer a variety of services and ways in which we can help you. Our priority is to ensure that people are keeping warm and healthy as those chilly winter nights start to settle in. We work very closely with Bromsgrove District Council and Worcestershire County Council as well as many other organisations to administer services such as:
- A Freephone helpline available 9-5 Monday to Friday for general energy efficiency queries or further advice about any of our schemes and projects.
- Heating system repairs/replacements/installations for those on means tested benefits or a low income.
- Free advice and assistance on dealing with your energy bills – including debt relief advice and price comparisons.
- Tips and hints for dealing with problems with damp, mould and condensation.
- Free advice surgeries and drop in sessions across Bromsgrove, Redditch and Worcestershire. Come and see us in person to see how we can help you.
- Presentations to the public and professionals on all of the above plus information and myth-busting about smart meters.
We are here to help you. If you feel you need any advice or assistance call us, free on 0800 988 2881.