JOIN OUR EXPANDING TEAM
If you are looking for an Administration post or Marketing role – please read on.
Act on Energy is a fast growing and dynamic regional energy advice charity. Do you want to be part of our team to help us deliver a first class energy advice and support service to our customers across the West Midlands region?
So what qualities are we specifically looking for?
- Do you love working with people?
- Are you great on the phone and a natural communicator?
- Do you like to problem solve?
- Are you looking to work in a friendly and supportive environment?
- If you can honestly answer yes to all of the above, then you could be exactly what we are looking for.
We are on a mission to put customers at the heart of everything we do so if you you would like to be part of our journey drop us a line along with your CV with a covering letter in readiness.
We are currently looking for a Full or Part Time Office assistant to support our busy Administration team
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTION
To provide administration support for Act on Energy and the administration work generated from our project teams who support energy related schemes and services. You will be an integral part of our team ensuring that our office operations run smoothly and are successful in supporting our daily charitable activities.
The role will involve carrying out a range of technical and clerical support tasks to deliver a quality service to the Act on Energy team and to customers within our agreed service standards. You must be organised, competent and professional with phenomenal communication skills. You will be comfortable dealing with people over the telephone and able to carry out the relevant administrative duties with accuracy and speed. The goal is to ensure that office operations are efficiently dealt with and add maximum value to the charity.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• To provide administrative support to the Project Team, including dealing with telephone messages, diary management, data inputting and other general administrative duties.
• Maintaining and monitoring of office/staff health and safety.
• Ensure a work environment that protects people’s health and safety and that promotes welfare and which is in accordance with Act on Energy’s Health & Safety policy.
• Accurately input information and data into databases to ensure the organisation meets relevant Performance Indicators. This will involve working with the project team to identify the data and also providing them with management information regarding this on a regular basis.
• To work in an environment where managing continual interruptions and conflicting demands can cause high levels of pressure.
• The production of documents to a high standard of accuracy and presentation using the software provided. This will include the production of letters and information advice and guidance.
• Maintain high standards when managing conﬁdential information, complying with Act on Energy’s General Data Protection Procedures GDPR and legal requirements ensuring security, integrity and confidentiality of data.
• To assist when required to help service various formal meetings, including; organising venues, issuing invites and minute taking, the production of accurate records and the distribution of reports within agreed time scales.
• To be committed to safe guarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults
• To achieve agreed outcomes and outputs, and personal appraisal targets, as agreed by line manager
• To be committed to the Act on Energy’s core values of public service, quality, equality, empowerment and to demonstrate this commitment in the way duties are carried out.
• To ensure that all duties are undertaken with due regard and compliance with the General Data protection Act 2018 and other legislation
• To carry out duties and responsibilities in accordance with Act on Energy’s Health and Safety Policy and relevant Health and Safety legislation
• The post holder is expected to work some weekends and evenings as required
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
• Liaise with the Public, Local Authorities and other bodies as required
The person specification is a picture of skills, knowledge and experience required to carry out the job. It will also be used in the short-listing and interview process for this post.
You should demonstrate in your covering letter how you meet each of the following essential criteria. Please ensure that you address each one of the criteria as this will be used to assess your suitability for the post.
1. Ability to interpret and accurately input and retrieve data using the software provided
2. Analytical skills, with an aptitude for problem solving, negotiation and conflict resolution.
3. Ability to communicate verbally and in writing across a range of different audiences.
4. Skill in managing competing priorities over sustained periods of time, making judgements and adapting to changing circumstances and priorities.
5. Evidence of excellent customer service skills and the achievement of high quality services
6. Demonstrate accurate numerical skills and have an eye for detail when processing information
7. Ability to process information during a meeting and create accurate minutes
8. Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision.
9. Working within a team, preferably in an office environment
10. Flexible approach – demonstrating ability to respond positively to changes in allocation of work at short notice to set deadlines
11. Commitment to equal opportunities and anti-discriminatory practice and to work with a diverse customer base.
12. Excellent Computer skills including Microsoft word, excel and Sage
13. Driving licence and own car to use
14. Knowledge of domestic sustainable energy and affordable warmth issues
15. Knowledge and experience of housing, health and social care services and practice
16. Good general knowledge of energy infrastructure in UK
17. Experience of working in, or in support of, local or other statutory authorities
18. Enthusiasm and commitment to environmental and social welfare objectives
19. A flexible, dynamic and creative approach
20. Other IT skills
21. Training provided for the right candidate
Proposed Salary range:- £17,745 per annum
Part time considered – minimum 22.5 hours per week – salary Pro Rata
Office Working Hours – Monday to Friday between 9:00am & 5:00pm
To apply please send your CV and a detailed covering letter by email to:
marking all correspondence for the attention of
Gareth Williams,Operations Director
Marketing and Communications Officer
Act on Energy are seeking an enthusiastic Marketing and Communications officer who can help our expanding charity reach new audiences and promote the fantastic work that we do. You will be a confident communicator used to working across a variety of mediums to both promote and educate both the public and partners on the merits of energy efficiency.
The post holder will:
- Contribute to the development of Marketing and Communication Plans for the organisation and the projects we deliver.
- Contribute towards the development and refinement of our websites & share our work via social media and be confident in delivering social media campaigns on Facebook, twitter and Instagram
- Help us deliver a clear and consistent brand across all our work, by creating and amending materials and content and advising and supporting staff across the organisation
- Help us raise the profile of the organisation with key audiences including stakeholders in the public sector & funders
- To promote awareness and uptake of our service to the general public across our project areas including:
- Generating content and managing social media channels in order to promote awareness and uptake of our service,
- Generating newsletter and press release content and liaise with the media as needed
- Support our Local Authority Delivery Scheme (LADS) which is seeking to upgrade insulation and low carbon heating for homes within our project areas by leading on the production of clear and informative promotional materials for householders.
- Liaise and attend regular meetings with partners on projects such as Local Authority Delivery Schemes to create joint press releases, campaign material and provide project updates.
- Be confident in the use of online platforms to organise online meetings and conferences and ensure clear and concise delivery of complex messages.
The post is initially for one year; however, a strong candidate who achieves their marketing goals successfully and helps to bring in significant additional funding streams will be seriously considered for longer term employment.
We are looking for you to:
- Have a clear, informative and confident style of communication
- Experienced in producing a range of media content from online Facebook and Instagram campaigns through to a newsletter
- Have a problem-solving, creative and ‘can do’ approach,
- Be able to continuously manage our company websites ensuring they are regularly updated, have visually appealing content and meet accessibility requirements
- Work effectively with a range of staff, supporting and driving change
- Be a hard worker, managing a busy workload unsupervised, and meeting deadlines
- Experience on using WordPress or similar website software
- Have strong IT skills across Microsoft suite and confident in the use of Teams or a similar platform for hosting meetings and conferences.
- Relevant work experience gained either through the charitable, public, or business world,
- Have an understanding of home energy efficiency or be willing to gain a basic understanding of the area and associated funding landscape,
- Show a commitment to our core values,
- Be based in the West Midlands
You will be line managed by our Head of External Projects but will work closely with other members of our senior management and the project delivery teams. There may be opportunities to attend short training courses.
Salary Band D £24,088 – £26,589 – Part time pro rata
Location: Based at Act on Energy’s Offices in South Warwickshire with the potential for some homeworking.
Hours of work: 22.5 hours Part time – 37.5 hours full time per week considered
Annual Leave: 25 paid days per annum Part time pro-rata + bank holidays.
Duration: One-year fixed term contract with opportunity to extend further, subject to funding and achievements.
Application process: Please send your CV and covering letter explaining why you are
interested in the position and how you meet the full job description and person
specification to Gareth Williams firstname.lastname@example.org