Birmingham City Council has obtained funding through the national Local Authority Development Scheme (LADS) to improve the energy efficiency of low-income households and low EPC rated homes, including those living in the lowest quality off-gas grid homes across their district.
A range of measures have been made available through this scheme, which can reduce and prevent heat and energy loss in the home and reduce fuel bills.
- Insulated windows and doors (please note only single glazed windows can be replaced).
- More energy efficient lighting.
- Photovoltaic (PV) solar panels.
Homeowners and tenants will qualify for funding if the following two criteria are met:
- Occupants/tenants, as well as landlords, must have a combined gross household income (including any benefits you receive) of under £30,000.
- Your home/property has a home energy performance certificate (EPC) rating of D, E, F or G.
Please note that if you are a landlord you will be expected to make a contribution to the cost of any works undertaken.
Tenures eligible for funding:
- Council stock.
- Owner occupiers.
- Private rented sector.
To register your interest fill out our expression of interest form HERE.
Please note that all applications are subject to a technical survey and an application acceptance does not guarantee that work will go ahead.