We are now moving into the next phase of funding called Sustainable Warmth which includes funding through LADS 3 or HUGS – The Home Upgrade Grant Scheme – Further details of the schemes will be available soon, the details below pertain to the previous scheme – WATCH THIS SPACE
Redditch Borough Council has obtained funding through the national Local Authority Development Scheme (LADS) to improve the energy efficiency of low-income households and low EPC rated homes, including those living in the lowest quality off-gas grid homes across their district.
A range of measures have been made available through this scheme, which can reduce and prevent heat and energy loss in the home and reduce fuel bills.
- High Heat Retention Storage Heaters
- Solar PV – Photovoltaic Panels
- Replacement of single glazed or old and inefficient windows & door
- Upgrade/installation Heating Controls
- Loft insulation
- Cavity Wall insulation
Homeowners and tenants will qualify for funding if the following two criteria are met:
- Occupants/tenants must have a combined gross household income (including any benefits you receive) of under £30,000.
- Your home/property has a home energy performance certificate (EPC) rating of D, E, F or G.
Please note that if you are a landlord you will be expected to make a contribution towards the cost of any works undertaken.
Tenures eligible for funding:
- Private Home owners and private rented sector.
Please be aware that this scheme is currently coming to an end – we do however continue to encourage people to apply as there may be more funding available later this year.
Please register your interest as soon as possible by filling out our expression of interest form HERE, and we will update you on your eligibility and measures available as soon as we can.
Please note that all applications are subject to technical surveys and an application acceptance does not guarantee that work will go ahead.