We are now moving into the next phase of funding called Sustainable Warmth which includes funding through LADS 3 or HUGS – The Home Upgrade Grant Scheme – Further details of the schemes will be available soon, the details below pertain to the previous scheme – WATCH THIS SPACE
Solihull Metropolitan Borough Council has obtained funding through the national Local Authority Development Scheme (LADS) to improve the energy efficiency of low-income households and low EPC rated homes, including those living in the lowest quality off-gas grid homes across their district.
A range of measures have been made available through this scheme, which can reduce and prevent heat and energy loss in the home and reduce fuel bills.
- External walls insulation (EWI).
- Various measures.
Homeowners and tenants will qualify for funding if the following criteria are met:
- Occupants/tenants who have an annual income (before tax) of less than £30,000.
- Your home/property has a home energy performance certificate (EPC) rating of D, E, F or G.
Please note that if you are a landlord you will be expected to make a contribution to the cost of any works undertaken.
Tenures eligible for funding:
- Homeowners – If you meet the eligibility criteria you will be able to receive a grant of up to £10,000 to make energy efficiency improvements to your property. You are not required to make a contribution towards the works.
- Landlords – If your tenants meet the eligibility criteria you may be able to receive a grant equivalent of two thirds of the total cost of the energy improvement measures up to a maximum of £5,000.
- Tenants – Although you cannot apply directly you can still submit an Expression of Interest. Please contact Act on Energy for more information.
Please be aware that this scheme is currently coming to an end – we do however continue to encourage people to apply as there may be more funding available later this year.
To register your interest, please fill out our expression of interest form HERE.
Visit your Council’s webpage on this scheme HERE.
Please note that all applications are subject to a technical survey and an application acceptance does not guarantee that work will go ahead.