Solihull Metropolitan Borough Council has obtained funding through the national Local Authority Development Scheme (LADS) to improve the energy efficiency of low-income households and low EPC rated homes, including those living in the lowest quality off-gas grid homes across their district.
A range of measures have been made available through this scheme, which can reduce and prevent heat and energy loss in the home and reduce fuel bills.
- External walls insulation (EWI).
- Various measures.
Homeowners and tenants will qualify for funding if the following criteria are met:
- Occupants/tenants who have an annual income (before tax) of less than £30,000.
- If you live in the following postcodes: B36 0, B36 9, B37 5, B37 6, B37 7, B92 7, B92 8, B90 1 and B90 2
- Your home/property has a home energy performance certificate (EPC) rating of D, E, F or G.
Please note that if you are a landlord you will be expected to make a contribution to the cost of any works undertaken.
Tenures eligible for funding:
- Homeowners – If you meet the eligibility criteria you will be able to receive a grant of up to £10,000 to make energy efficiency improvements to your property. You are not required to make a contribution towards the works.
- Landlords – If your tenants meet the eligibility criteria you may be able to receive a grant equivalent of two thirds of the total cost of the energy improvement measures up to a maximum of £5,000.
- Tenants – Although you cannot apply directly you can still submit an Expression of Interest. Please contact Act on Energy for more information.
Despite the fact that the qualifying criteria for this grant are still to be confirmed, please register your interest as soon as possible by filling out our expression of interest form HERE, and we will update you on your eligibility as soon as we can
Visit your Council’s webpage on this scheme HERE.
Please note that all applications are subject to a technical survey and an application acceptance does not guarantee that work will go ahead.