Birmingham Fuel Voucher Scheme for pre-payment meter households
We have a limited amount of fuel vouchers available for households in Birmingham – Vouchers are available to homeowners, private rented tenants and housing association/council tenants who have-pre payment meters, are on a low income and struggling to heat their homes.
The scheme provides the following:
- Family and single households: 2 x £49 vouchers to help lessen the impact of the recent increases in energy costs.
To qualify for your vouchers you must:
- Be in receipt of a qualifying means-tested benefit or be on a gross household income of no more than £16,190.
- In support of this, we must have photographic evidence of your means-tested benefits award/s, evidence of gross household annual income such as a P60 or annual self assessment submission if self employed.
- You must provide a photo of a bill or statement containing your current residential address.
- And finally, you must provide a clear photo of your per payment meter unit including its unique serial number.
Without the following we cannot process your application. Supporting evidence should be sent to: email@example.com and be titled Birmingham fuel voucher application along with the name of the claimant.
We are taking all applications for vouchers through the following online application form.
Professional referrers can also use this form for households they are supporting in Birmingham. Again, all evidence must be provided in order for us to process an application.
We will not chase applicants for supporting evidence.
If you are a household in Birmingham who requires more support around your household energy circumstances you can visit our dedicated website: www.warmerhomeswm.org.uk or call our freephone number: 0808 196 8298 and select option 1 when prompted.
You can also visit the Warmer Homes West Midlands tube channel for simple and practical tips on how you can save money on your bills: