To ensure your application is processed efficiently, it is important to provide the evidence requested. Without the correct evidence, support will not be provided and could lead to significant delays or rejection of your application.
Please be aware this is not an emergency service, so during periods of high demand, you should not expect immediate help.
Wherever possible, initial applications should be made via the online application form, which you will find at the bottom of this page. Please remember to send your evidence once you have completed the online application form.
West Midlands Fuel Voucher Scheme
This is a discretionary scheme that is not open to households who have received assistance within the last four months through previous fuel voucher / Crisis schemes operated by AOE.
This scheme is only for qualifying households who have a prepayment meter and live in Birmingham, Coventry and Solihull. We can only assist residents who use a key or card to top up or those who have smart meters with an app providing third party payments are accepted by your energy supplier.
If you live within the wider West Midlands areas of Dudley, Sandwell, Walsall or Wolverhampton please contact Marches Energy Agency on 0800 677 1307 or email them email@example.com. A member of their team will be able to advise you about support in those areas.
To qualify for the West Midlands Fuel Voucher Scheme through Act on Energy, please read through the following criteria before applying.
• Income Support.
• Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance.
• Income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
• Universal Credit
o Have a gross annual household income of less than £16,190 and having been recently made redundant / furloughed
o Self- employed and income is unpredictable and/or are waiting to apply for a Government payment
o Any direct referral from a foodbank.
What Help Is Available?
Prepayment meters only.
- £28 fuel voucher for single occupancy households
- £49 fuel voucher for couples or families
Up to three vouchers can be claimed per household while the scheme is open, however an application for support can only be made once every 30 days.
Any support provided will be based on an assessment of need at the time the application is made – no household has a legal right to be helped through this scheme.
Please be aware, on receipt of your application, we will cross check our systems for previous applications from the same name, address, phone number and email address.
Evidence Required – Fraud Mitigation
The following evidence should be sent depending upon your qualifying criteria:
- Proof that a qualifying benefit is being received. For example, a screen shot of your online Universal Credit account showing your name and address or a photo or scanned copy of a recent DWP letter showing you are in receipt of a qualifying benefit
- If you are qualifying based on low income with no benefits – evidence of current account bank balances, this can be an online screen shot or a photograph of your bank statements ( a full month is required in each case showing all income in/out for the household
- Evidence of furlough – you should have written confirmation from your employer
- Proof of address – a recent official letter showing your name and address
- Proof of your energy supplier – a copy or screen shot of your online account including your name and address
- If you are claiming for a family – proof that you are in receipt of Child Benefit
And in all cases:
- A photograph of your prepayment meter/s – where possible the image needs to be dated
Email your evidence to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or post it to Act On Energy, Unit 1.4, Lauriston Business Park, Pitchill, Evesham, WR11 8SN
Without the correct evidence, support will not be provided and could lead to significant delays or rejection of your application.
Help Available If You Do Not Have a Prepayment Meter
If you are struggling financially you may be able to get help towards paying fuel bills through the following local schemes:
- Coventry – Coventry Council’s Winter Grant Scheme.
- Warwickshire – Warwickshire Local Welfare Scheme – 0800 408 1448
This fuel voucher scheme is operated on a first come, first served basis; however, applications that are deemed extremely vulnerable will be prioritised over others.