Open April to October 2021
For a limited period this fund will help towards:
Boiler replacement – broken boilers beyond repair only
Boiler / Heating repairs and servicing up to a maximum of £300
Payment of debt on fuel accounts up to £300
Direct payment to suppliers for oil & LPG top ups/ tank fills – minimum fills /orders only
This is a crisis fund and is only available to those most in need, Fraudulent attempt’s to obtain assistance are taken seriously and will be reported to the police. Those receiving assistance will not receive cash payments. Financial support provided will be paid directly to energy suppliers or contractors.
Who qualifies for support?
There are technical and personal qualifying criteria which must be met.
You will need to be able to prove that your heating system is broken or in need of repair, you are struggling to heat your home, manage the cost of your fuel bills, have accrued fuel debt or cannot afford to pay the the amount needed for a minimum delivery of an oil or LPG tank/ bottled gas .
This scheme has been put in place to help households who have been impacted by COVID 19 and as a result have seen a drop in income due to ill health or not being able to work and are struggling with paying bills or are building up fuel debts.
Please check the eligibility criteria below to see if you can apply..
Qualifying benefits – If you can prove you are are in receipt of one of the following:
- Income Support
- Income based Job seekers Allowance
- Income related Employment Support allowance ESA
- Universal Credit
You have a gross household income (this includes all income coming into the home from all occupiers aged 18+) of £30,000 or less and:
- seen a significant drop in income due to Covid 19
- Recently made redundant (since April 2020)
- Self employed and unable to work due to Covid 19 or working but with unpredictable income due to the nature of your work
- Any referral from a Foodbank or other qualified referrals form other support agencies
To apply apply using the online application form at the bottom of this page.
In addition you will need to email us your supporting evidence to firstname.lastname@example.org – evidence is important, without it we will not process your application.
Details of the evidence required
- BROKEN BOILERS/ REPAIRS/ SERVICING – If you are applying for help with replacing a broken boiler or a repair please contact Act on Energy to discuss the issues
- FUEL DEBT – We will need to see a copy of your utility /fuel bills – a photo / screen shot of a recent bill showing clearly your account number, balance and your current direct debit amount, if you are in debt with your supplier please show clearly the amount of debt you are trying to clear. We also need to see from the bill details of how to pay by BACs, this is usually in the how to pay section of your bill or a telephone number for the supplier where there is an automated payment service, Some automated payment services require your date of birth to access your account so please provide this as well.
- OIL and LPG TOP UP’s – For cases where a top up of oil or LPG is required you will need to provide details of your fuel supplier, we can only provide a minimum fill and we will need to make payment direct to your supplier so please provide their contact details and your account number with them.