Updated January 6th 2021
Full Time Role
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTION
To assist the Project team and support the delivery of energy and fuel poverty related schemes and services, the main focus of the role to include fronting our busy telephone advice line, ensuring that the customer is at the heart of everything we do. You will be an integral part of our team ensuring that our office operations run smoothly and are successful in supporting our daily charitable activities.
You must be organised, competent and professional with excellent communication skills. You will be comfortable dealing with people over the telephone and able to carry out the relevant administrative duties and referral processes applicable to the role with accuracy and speed. The goal is to ensure that office operations post telephone enquiries are dealt with efficiently and add maximum value to the charity and the work that we do.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsibility as 1st in line Telephone Advisor supporting the customer calls on a day to day basis.
- Assist the project team with the delivery of energy efficiency schemes and projects
- To assist when required with event planning and attendance at public events.
- The production of documents to a high standard of accuracy and presentation using the software provided. This will include the production of letters and information advice and guidance.
- Maintain high standards when managing conﬁdential information, complying with Act on Energy’s General Data Protection Procedures GDPR and legal requirements ensuring security, integrity and confidentiality of data.
- To achieve agreed outcomes and outputs, and personal appraisal targets, as agreed by line manager
- To be committed to the Act on Energy’s core values of public service, quality, equality, empowerment and to demonstrate this commitment in the way duties are carried out.
- To ensure that all duties are undertaken with due regard and compliance with the General Data protection Act 2018 and other legislation
- To carry out duties and responsibilities in accordance with Act on Energy’s Health and Safety Policy and relevant Health and Safety legislation
- The post holder may be expected to work some weekends and evenings as required
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Liaise with the Public, Local Authorities and other bodies as required
The person specification is a picture of skills, knowledge and experience required to carry out the job. It will also be used in the short-listing and interview process for this post.
You should demonstrate in you CV and covering letter how you meet each of the following essential criteria. Please ensure that you address each one of the criteria as this will be used to assess your suitability for the post.
- Experience in a customer focused environment
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to drive high standards in relation to customer services
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing across a range of different audiences.
- Educated to GCSE level or equivalent with an excellent standard of written English
- Demonstrate accurate numerical skills and have an eye for detail when processing information
- Self-management skills, to enable workload organisation, prioritisation, and implementation, with minimum supervision
- Flexible approach – demonstrating ability to respond positively to changes in allocation of work at short notice to set deadlines
- Commitment to equal opportunities and anti-discriminatory practice and to work with a diverse customer base.
- Excellent Computer skills including Microsoft word, excel
- Full driving licence and car owner
- Knowledge of domestic sustainable energy and affordable warmth issues
- Knowledge and experience of housing, health and social care services and practice
- Good general knowledge of energy infrastructure in UK
- Experience of working in, or in support of, local or other statutory authorities
- Enthusiasm and commitment to environmental and social welfare objectives
- A flexible, dynamic and creative approach
- Other IT skills
£20,634 to £22,776 – full time position
OFFICE WORKING HOURS
37.5 hours Monday to Friday 9:00am & 5:00pm
Holiday: 25 days per annum plus bank holidays
Workplace Pension Scheme
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your CV and covering letter by email or post:
Att: Gareth Williams
Head of Operations
Act on Energy
Unit 1.4 Lauriston Park